Basic Details about Gastric Sleeve In Turkey(Gastrectomy):
In this blog, you will read about Gastric Sleeve in Turkey, Gastric Sleeve Steps, Gastric Bypass, and Gastric Sleeve Recovery Time. Gastric Sleeve in Tukey is one of the bariatric surgery also known as Gastrectomy, with Gastric Sleeve surgery, 70- 80% of the stomach is removed to help you eat less and lose weight quickly. The success rate of gastric sleeve is approximate to 80-90%.
On average, people experience surfeit weight loss of about 60-70% within one year. It is highly recommended to operate this kind of surgeries with the best offer you can find in Turkey, especially in Istanbul, where our Booking Medicals guides you step by step.
Sleeve Gastrectomy is performed to assist you in excess weight and lower your risk of having serious, maybe fatal, weight-related health issues such as heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, obstructive sleep apnea, stroke and cancer.
Five points that make you an eligible Gastric Sleeve Candidate in Turkey:
- Age between 18 and 65 years old.
- BMI above 40 (patients over 35year old suffer from serious health problems from obesity), such as heart disease and blood pressure.
- Patient’s whom suffer from obesity but fear from long-term treatment.
- People who are ready to make commitment to a healthier way of life.
- Uncontrolled eating disorder, poor adherence to recommendation, psychosis, severe mood disorders, major life stressors these are contraindication to Gastric sleeve surgery.
Why Do People Prefer To Have Gastric Sleeve In Turkey At Booking Medicals?
- Top services, with Booking Medicals, patients will have services other than medical services, whereby Booking Medicals services begin with the patient’s first step in Turkey, where the patient will be greeted by one of our employees, who will transport the patient to one of 4-5 stars hotels that have been pre-booked for the patient.
- 24\7 care at Booking Medicals will make sure that patient will have successful surgery and by that booking medicals will take care of the patients` needs in any time during the day.
- Entertaining before your surgery, where you will be booked and cared out to visit this amazing country and enjoy many activities that only can be seen in turkey.
- Short time period, Booking Medicals will provide you with fully equipped hospital under general anesthesia. Most patients remain hospitalized for 1 to 3 days after surgery, depending on their medical condition.
Read more about gastric balloon
Advantages of Gastric Sleeve In Turkey:
The laparoscopic gastrectomy surgery provides less pain, lower risk of infection, quicker return to normal activities, very small skin incisions, and less time at the hospital.
The average weight loss after gastric sleeve surgery is 40% to 70% in a year. Because the gastric inlet and outflow valves were not altered after surgery, the gastric function is preserved. Possible mild vitamin and mineral shortages can also be considered as a benefit of this surgery as no alterations are made to the small intestine.
A sleeve gastrectomy can help you lose weight by limiting your eating and decreasing your appetite. Gastric sleeve surgery, like gastric bypass or band surgery, limits the amount of food you can eat by reducing the size of your stomach, causing you to feel full faster. However, removing a big part of your stomach reduces the amount of appetite stimulating hormones it produces, making you feel less hungry. After the gastric sleeve procedure, most people who follow the recommended diet will lose 50-60% of their excess weight.
How Do You Have To Be Preapred For Gastric Sleeve In Turkey?
If you are considering surgery, you will most likely require additional tests to ensure that gastric sleeve surgery is the best option for you. Weeks before the surgery the patient required to start physical activity program and prohibition of using any kind of tobacco.
In the weeks or days leading up to surgery, your doctor will advise you on any adjustments to medications and food that may be necessary. Right before the procedure the patient must be fasting on food and drinks and any medication if you take any.
To be on the safe side, you should carry a small amount of cash. Taxis, public transportation, and small shops may not accept credit cards.
Gastric Sleeve Steps:
Before Gastric Sleeve Procedure:
With Booking Medicals, we perform the surgery using laparoscopic, which involves inserting small instruments through multiple small incisions in the upper abdomen.
Before your surgery, you will be given general anesthesia which is a type of medication that keeps you awake and comfortable during surgery.
During Gastric Sleeve Procedure:
When performing a sleeve gastrectomy, the surgeon removes the bigger, curved portion of the stomach and stitches the stomach vertically to make a narrow sleeve.
A normal surgery lasts one to two hours. You awaken following surgery in a recovery room, where medical personnel are monitoring you out for any issues.
After Gastric Sleeve Procedure:
Your diet after sleeve gastrectomy starts with sugar-free, noncarbonated drinks for the first seven days, then shifts to pureed foods for the following three weeks, and then, about four weeks after surgery, to ordinary foods.
For the rest of your life, you must take a multivitamin twice daily, a calcium supplement once daily, and a monthly shot of vitamin B-12, according to your doctor`s tips.
In the early months following weight-loss surgery, you will receive numerous medical examinations to track your health. You might require numerous checkups, bloodwork, and laboratory tests.
In the first three to six months following the surgery, you can notice changes as your body adjusts to the rapid weight loss, including: body aches, feeling tired, as if you have the flu, feeling cold, dry skin, hair thinning and hair loss, changes in the mood.
Gastric Sleeve Results:
Gastric sleeve surgery may provide long-term weight loss. The amount of weight you lose is determined on how your lifestyle patterns change. Within two years, you might drop 60% or even more of your excess weight. Surgery can help improve your ability to perform routine daily activities and your life as a whole. However gastric sleeve may improve or resolve conditions associated with being overweight, such as: heart disease, high blood pressure, stroke, high cholesterol.
Ways to deal with gastric sleeves surgery scars:
In order to perform a sleeve gastrectomy, your bariatric surgeon will make one to five incisions in the abdomen. The number of incisions required will vary depending on the method chosen by your doctor. The procedure is carried out through the incisions that have been opened.
Taking care of these wounds after bariatric surgery is crucial since they will start to recover in a few months. It may be possible to hasten the healing process, which will aid in the fading of the scars and these ways are:
- Scratching your wounds, removing the crust, and interfering with your wound from the outside are all bad ideas. Your skin will regenerate.
- Keep your wound clean and dry at all times.
- Drink plenty of water to keep your skin from drying out.
- When going out, always apply a strong sunscreen to your wounds.
- Moisturize your wounds on a daily basis. As a result, your skin will be soft and flexible.
- Scar removal lotions should be avoided. The content of these products is incompatible with the renewal process. On the contrary, it may have a negative impact on your wound.
- Smoking will interfere with your healing process. As a result, you should avoid tobacco and tobacco products at all costs.
Citizens of other European Union countries do not require a visa to visit Turkey with their national ID card. The Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ official website can tell you if you need a visa to visit Turkey.
Top Tips for Gastric Sleeve Surgery Recovery Time:
- Enjoying couple snacks and a regular meal pattern during the day, that will help stimulate your appetite and ensure that your body receives the nutrients it requires to stay healthy.
- Avoid unhealthy snacks in between meals but first consume your proteins first to ensure that your body receives the protein it requires to function.
- You should include plenty of fruits and vegetables in your diet as well.
- Avoid being hydrated and constipation by dinking at least 8 cups of liquid every day.
- Avoid alcoholic and caffeinated beverages since they have the potential to stimulate appetite.
You will start losing weight immediately after having gastric sleeve surgery. Patients who have drastic weight loss commonly encounter feelings of fear, uncertainty, or moodiness due to changes in hormone levels. Due to your restricted food intake and recuperation from surgery, you can also feel exhausted.
Your relation with your friends, partner and family may change that so it is important that you keep yourself positive and avoid being by your own.
Gastric Sleeve vs. Gastric Bypass, Which One You Should Choose?
Gastric Bypass which also called (Roux-en-Y) helps in weight loss by altering how your stomach and small intestine process food. After the surgery, the patient`s stomach will be smaller and will feel full with less food and the food you eat will no longer go to some part of your stomach.
Gastric Sleeves Surgery and Gastric Bypass Surgery both reduce the size of your stomach to a small pouch which causes weight loss. But whale with gastric sleeves surgery the surgeon permanently removes 80% of your stomach and what’s left is stitched into a small banana-shaped stomach pouch. The surgeon makes no other adjustments.
With Bypass Surgery the surgery is much more complicated which where the surgeon creates a small stomach pouch by removing most of your stomach and the first part of your small intestine. Then, they connect the newly formed stomach pouch to the remainder of the small intestine. Additionally, the portion that was taken will reattach further in the small intestine, continuing to supply the digestive enzymes and acid that are produced by those organs.
You generally absorb some nutrients and calories from the portion of your small intestine that is removed along with your stomach. Because food no longer passes through this region, less calories are absorbed, which helps people lose weight.
Gastric sleeves surgery is recommended to a different type of people than gastric bypass surgery, where its gastric sleeve surgery, it`s good for:
- People that has high surgical risks rate are recommended to have gastric sleeve surgery because its much less difficult then gastric bypass surgery where it takes shorter sedation time and less time recovery.
- Several abdominal surgeries, according to Dr. Aminian, “rerouting the GI system and operating on the small intestine would be impossible when there is extensive scar tissue around it. In gastric sleeve surgery, sergeant operate on the upper part of abdomen, which is typically less damaged by scar tissues.
- People with psychiatric illnesses who use various medications: Your body’s ability to absorb drugs and react to them may be impacted by gastric bypass surgery.
And those who are suitable for Gastric Bypass Surgery are:
- Patients with severe reflux disease: After gastric bypass surgery, acid reflux frequently gets better.
- Individuals with high BMIs: Gastric bypass patients lose more weight because it alters how food is processed by your small intestine and stomach. Your stomach will be smaller after surgery. Less food will make you feel satisfied. Several of the sections of your stomach and small intestine that absorb meals won’t receive food any longer.
Check more on Gastric Bypass
Additional Final Information:
- To assist visitors from other countries, the country has a simple e-visa system. Citizens of the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, and other countries can also obtain a visa on arrival. The majority of Asian countries require an e-visa.
- Istanbul has an extensive train system, tram, bus, and ferry network. These connect the various parts of the city. In fact, the City has one of the largest ferry services across the Bosporus and the Black Sea. Throughout the city, various modes of transportation are equipped with an integrated card-less trip system.